Providing Positive Experiences for children.
Welcome to Holly House
Holly House School is a co-educational residential special school catering for pupils with severe Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties that impact on their behaviour. Pupils are aged between 7 & 14 years (Key Stage 2 and 3). The school offers up to 43 day places and can provide 8 residential placements on any one night. Holly House is the only school in Derbyshire of its kind.
The general profile of a Holly House pupil is a boy (though we do now have two girls) with behavioural difficulties and associated disorders that have caused problems in mainstream schools. They may have been excluded or close to permanent exclusion and have missed parts of their education. They may have been on part-time timetables or educated away from the main class. Academically the pupils are potentially at or just below national expectations, but in previous placements they have not managed to achieve this potential. All pupils admitted to Holly House have an Education & Health Care Plan. More recently pupils admitted to the school have more complex needs and we have seen a rise in the number of pupils with a diagnosis of Autism. We accept that most Holly House pupils lack the skills and self-control required to access mainstream education. It is our aim to equip pupils with these skills and prepare them for a return to mainstream schools at an appropriate time. This may be in Year 7 at the start of KS3, Year 8 or at the end of Year 9. A small number of pupils with more complex needs may not be ready for transition back to mainstream at the end of Year 9 and these will move on to other Special Schools, Support Centers or Alternative Provision.
UPDATE Monday 23rd March
Holly House School is still open, but only for children who’s parents have ‘Key Worker’ status as defined by the Government and only when they cannot be cared for safely at home and children who have social care involvement and only then when they are at risk of harm by staying at home. For more details, click the links below.
UPDATE – Friday 20th March
Holly House School is open and will remain open up to the end of term on Friday 3rd April. See newsletter etc below for details.
I. Williams 20/3/20
LATEST ADVICE FROM DERBYSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL AND THE DfE
TUESDAY 17th MARCH
- Maintain good personal hygiene
- If you have a high temperature/fever and persistent cough or shortness of breath – stay at home. Self-isolate for at least 14 days.
- If anyone in your family has these symptoms, self-isolate for 14 days.
- Inform school
LATEST CORONAVIRUS NEWS
Please click the link below for the latest news.
2019/2020 academic year
- 3 September 2019 to 25 October 2019 (39 days)
- 4 November 2019 to 20 December 2019 (35 days)
- 6 January 2020 to 14 February 2020 (30 days)
- 24 February 2020 to 3 April 2020 (30 days)
- 20 April 2020 to 22 May 2020 (24 days)
- 1 June 2020 to 21 July 2020 (37 days).
- 25 and 26 December 2019
- 1 January 2020
- 10 April 2020 (Good Friday)
- 13 April 2020 (Easter Monday)
- 8 May 2020
- 25 May 2020 (spring bank holiday)
- 31 August 2020 (summer bank holiday).