OUR EARLY HELP OFFER
Providing Positive Experiences for children.
Welcome to Holly House
Holly House School is a co-educational residential special school catering for pupils with severe Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties that impact on their behaviour. Pupils are aged between 7 & 14 years (Key Stage 2 and 3). The school offers up to 43 day places and can provide 8 residential placements on any one night. Holly House is the only school in Derbyshire of its kind.
The general profile of a Holly House pupil is a boy (though we do now have five girls) with behavioural difficulties and associated disorders that have caused problems in mainstream schools. They may have been excluded or close to permanent exclusion and have missed parts of their education. They may have been on part-time timetables or educated away from the main class. Academically the pupils are potentially at or just below national expectations, but in previous placements they have not managed to achieve this potential. All pupils admitted to Holly House have an Education & Health Care Plan. More recently pupils admitted to the school have more complex needs and we have seen a rise in the number of pupils with a diagnosis of Autism. We accept that most Holly House pupils lack the skills and self-control required to access mainstream education. It is our aim to equip pupils with these skills and prepare them for a return to mainstream schools at an appropriate time. This may be in Year 7 at the start of KS3, Year 8 or at the end of Year 9. A small number of pupils with more complex needs may not be ready for transition back to mainstream at the end of Year 9 and these will move on to other Special Schools, Support Centres or Alternative Provision.
Click here for a copy of our current prospectus.
2021/2022 academic year
• 2 September 2021 to 22 October 2021 (37 days)
• 1 November 2021 to 23 December 2021 (39 days)
• 10 January 2022 to 18 February 2022 (30 days)
• 28 February 2022 to 8 April 2022 (30 days)
• 25 April 2022 to 27 May 2022 (2 May 2022 is a bank holiday) (24 days)
• 6 June 2022 to 22 July 2022 (35 days)
- 25th and 26th December 2021 (Christmas and Boxing Day)
- 1st January 2022 (New Year’s day)
- 15th April 2022 (Good Friday)
- 18th April 2022 (Easter Monday)
- 3rd May 2022 (May Day)
- 2nd and 3rd June 2022 (Queen’s Platinum Jubilee)
- 29th August 2022 (summer bank holiday).