School is fully open and pupils are expected to attend as normal. Pupils should be back in uniform and the system of ‘bubbles’ has now finished.
Latest News – Derbyshire County Council have awarded schools an additional day’s holiday in lieu of the extra Bank Holiday for the Queen’s Jubille Celebrations during the spring half-term holiday. Schools can choose when to take this day and Holly House has chosen Monday 27th June.
Coronavirus is still with us and we need to be watchful. Pupils should not attend if they have any of the following symptoms:
- a persistent cough
- a high temperature – 37.8 or higher
- a loss of taste or smell
They should get a test. If positive, they should stay off school for 10 days. If negative, they can return to school.
If in doubt, ring the office for clarification.
Staff who have been double vacinated and children will not be expected to isolate if someone in their class tests positive for coronavirus. Regular tesing will be in place and if these give positive results they will need to isolate until a PCR test result is obtained. If this is positive they will need to isolate for 10 days, but members of their household will not need to isolate if their lateral flow tests are negative. If parents/ pupils need more self-test kits, please contact the school office and we will send some home.
REMINDER – Pupils should not be taken out of school during term time for family holidays. Doing so may result in a fine. The Head Teacher can give permission for absence from school for a family holiday only in Exceptional Circumstances. Permission forms are available from the main school office.
Reminder about School Uniform – There is Pupil Premium funding available for uniform. Please get in touch with the office if your child is growing out of their uniform. The Uniform checklist is on the PARENT INFO drop-down menu.
for our most recent Newsletter.
Previous Newsletters are available by clicking the link on the right.
2021/2022 academic year
• 2 September 2021 to 22 October 2021 (37 days)
• 1 November 2021 to 23 December 2021 (39 days)
• 10 January 2022 to 18 February 2022 (30 days)
• 28 February 2022 to 8 April 2022 (30 days)
• 25 April 2022 to 27 May 2022 (2 May 2022 is a bank holiday) (24 days)
• 6 June 2022 to 22 July 2022 (35 days)
- 25th and 26th December 2021 (Christmas and Boxing Day)
- 1st January 2022 (New Year’s day)
- 15th April 2022 (Good Friday)
- 18th April 2022 (Easter Monday)
- 3rd May 2022 (May Day)
- 2nd and 3rd June 2022 (Queen’s Platinum Jubilee)
- 29th August 2022 (summer bank holiday).
School will be closed to pupils on the following dates
Thursday 2nd September 2021
Friday 3rd September 2021
Monday 20th September 2021
Thursday 23rd December 2021
Monday 6th June 2022
Additional day in lieu of Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Monday 27th June 2022
Iain Williams (Head Teacher) 14/9/21