All pupils have the opportunity to extend their learning through outdoor activities. These may be in the school grounds or local community or may involve travel to places further away. Holly House has two minibuses and a car to transport pupils offsite.
Local Activities include:
- Nature walks
- Cross Country Running
- Visits to the local Church
- Visits to Mary Swanwick Primary School
Other Activities include:
- Sporting activities
- Adventure activities (climbing, canoeing, sailing, cycling)
- Walks in the Peak District
- Visits to museums and other places of historic interest
- Science and Geography Fieldwork
- Visits to the seaside
- Extended day activities
All activities are carefully planned, staffed and risk-assessed to ensure the safety of children while offsite. At Holly House we feel that Outdoor Education enriches the learning of all pupils and allows them to experience things that they would not ordinarily have access to. It helps develop their confidence and social skills as well as raising their self-esteem.